Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
WT #1: Let's Make the World's Biggest eBay BOLO List...
Every time I see a BOLO posted on Instagram, I get a little sad.  Sharing is a nice thought, but I know that I'll probably never see that post again!  Unless you screenshot things to refer to later, they'll probably get gobbled up by the little Instagram gremlins.  So, let's make the world's largest BOLO list!  This will always be available here and will always be free.  So be sure to subscribe to this thread!

First off, let's define what a BOLO is.  BOLO stands for Be On the Lookout, meaning an item/brand/style/etc. that you should be looking for when sourcing.  So if you picked up an item recently that did really well for you, let us know about it!

One of my personal requirements for a BOLO is that it needs to be something that can actually be found.  There are thousands of rare, valuable items that, even if you managed to find, are not worth anyone else memorizing a brand and looking for because the chances of finding them are nil.  The best type of BOLOs are things that are commonly found, but just as commonly overlooked.

What to include in your BOLO post: (not all of these are required, but put some effort into helping the community and the good juju will come back!)

• Brand Name or Type of Item

• Pictures of said item/brand tag/etc.

• An example of one that has sold or is for sale

• Any tips you have for finding the item, what to look for, etc.

Well, let's get to it!  I'll start:

Item: Grain Mills & Cereal Grinders

Brand:  Brand isn't nearly as important as the quality, capacity, etc.

We have sold these 3 within the past couple months.  2 from thrift stores and one from a yard sale.  Check them out in the attachments!

What are your unusual BOLOs?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Instagram: FlippingWizards
Love of my life: Kirstie
I've got one keep looking for old mechanical keyboards.  I ran into Goodwill for 5 mins and picked this one up for $1

probably could have gotten more on more on a buy it now but fast nickels over slow dimes!

Sold for $133

(06-17-2019, 03:45 PM)oldtimeflipper Wrote: I've got one keep looking for old mechanical keyboards.  I ran into Goodwill for 5 mins and picked this one up for $1

probably could have gotten more on more on a buy it now but fast nickels over slow dimes!

Sold for $133

That's awesome! How do you know if they're mechanical? Just look them up?
Instagram: FlippingWizards
Love of my life: Kirstie
Big Grin 
I'll go for an easy one.  Rock Revival Jeans. Sold this morning for $59.95.

Just look for the big tag and fancy butt  Tongue

My go-to is usually old video game consoles. *However*, I am coming across vintage calculators and realizing there is quite a bit of profit potential in that realm. TI, Casio, etc. The type where you put a roll of paper in and can type a receipt.
I'm very new to reselling, so don't know if these are true BOLOs, yet, but... I bought an old Sunbeam toaster for $3 and sold it almost immediately (think I underpriced it) for $70. I think I am also finding old discontinued dinner plates/platters. I bought an old Ironstone Liberty Blue platter for $5 and also sold it for $70.

My research also shows old CRT TVs for gamers. I have over 1200 watchers for my Sony Trinitron on eBay, but since I have it listed for local pickup only, have not sold it after one month.

If anyone can weigh in on how to ship something safely this big and heavy, I could use some pointers. I've done a lot of research but have yet to find something that could work. There has to be an answer because lots of people are doing this.